1-Up Expansion

Go down

1-Up Expansion

Post  Ness2 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:46 pm

My last repost from the other Expansion Forums, 1-Up! Finally working on him again... [sentimental]I missed ya, buddy[/sentimental]

100% customed by me, SMW sprite used as a size reference. Not showing the sheet until I'm done. If he's unacceptable, then... uh...

The colors are based off of the Super Mario Sunshine colors. (White bottom instead of pale)

1.[ ]Idle
2.[ ]Walk
3.[ ]Run/dash
4.[ ]Jump
5.[ ]Fall (Needs transparency)
6.[ ]Land
7.[ ]Damage
8.[ ]Knock Back
9.[ ]Get Up
10.[ ]Dead
11.[ ]Hang
12.[ ]Crouch
13.[ ]Taunt
14.[ ]Win
15.[ ]Lose
16.[ ]Entrance

Smashes

17.[ ]Neutral
18.[ ]Combo
19.[ ]Up Smash
20.[ ]Down Smash
21.[ ]Foward Smash
22.[ ]Dash Attack

Specials

23.[ ]Neutral Special (Note: He's supposed to move. It's not an accident)
24.[ ]Up Special
25.[ ]Down Special
26.[ ]Foward Special

Aireals

27.[ ]Neutral Aireal
28.[ ]Foward Aireal
29.[ ]Back Aireal
30.[ ]Up Aireal
31.[ ]Down Aireal (Stall-Then-Fall)

Grabs
(not required but nice to have)
32.[ ]Grab
33.[ ]Forward throw
34.[ ]Downward throw
35.[ ]Upward throw
36.[ ]Back throw

Other

37.[ ]FINAL SMASH: Coin Heaven
38.[ ] Roll
39.[ ]Stock Icon
40.[ ]Series icon: Mario Series Icon
41.[ ]Kirby Attack REDOING.
43.[ ]Selection
Template

Alphabet:

44.[ ]preview
45.[ ]trophies

46.[ ]Duck/Crouch
47.[ ]revival platform
50.[ ]item swinging: ?
51.[ ]item throwing: ?

52.[ ] Up Tilt
53.[ ] Down Tilt
54.[ ] Side Tilt (good to have)

ORIGINS and DESCRIPTIONS: Most of his moves had to be made up, but reference the Mario Series as a whole.

B Move: Spore Shot: He shoots spores at enemies. True to his "power-up"ness, the spores do no damage, but slow an opponent down.

Side B: Shroom Spin: He spins forward. Sorta like ROB's Side-B in Brawl. This is a reference to the Spin Jumps in Super Mario World, ironically where I got the inspiration for him.

Up B: Shroom Zoom: 1-Up releases spores that launch him straight up. The move itself was custom-made, but the name is based off of Broom Zoom, a minigame in Mario Party Advance.

Down B: Mush Pound: A Ground Pound. 'Nuff said.

Final Smash (Animation Secret for now): Coin Heaven: LOTSA references here. I'll make a list.
*Super Mushroom makes 1-Up grow.
*The two shrooms merging is a small reference to the Bean Machine in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, but not that much.
*Ah... the name itself. First, a reference to the fabled Coin Heaven found in Super Mario Bros. 3. Next, the all-to-famous "100 Coins = Extra Life". The coins falling from the sky is another slight allusion to Coin Heaven.
*Blue coins appeared in Super Mario Sunshine (And I believe Super Mario 64...). They were a little more rare then normal coins, but still fairly common, and worth 5 coins.
*Red Coins are VERY rare, and very useful. The same applies to Coin Heaven.

Kirby Attack: If it has to be a "preset" one, I'd like it to be parasol (if possible). This ability has the "stun things" that appear, and are more defensive than offensive.

Description: 1-Up is planned to be better at Team Battles and other teamwork-based modes. His attacks have a lot of stunning power, but don't do much knockback. Playing as 1-Up might prove difficult in a single player battle, but he still has some offensive moves at his disposal for those occasions.

----

On an unrelated note, I need a Dev's answer on this. Would it be possible for the items to float around 1-Up somehow? Seeing as he has a lack of arms/movable appendages, and making him hold it on his cap looks unusual.

Last edited by Ness2 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ness2

Number of posts : 18
Smash Coins 0

Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1-Up Expansion

Post  Ness2 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:55 pm

Sorry for the double post, but this needs to get everyone's attention. Before anyone says he's not a suitable character, allow me to explain.

Just because he's an "akward character" doesn't mean he can't fight. Technically, as long as I could come up with a reasonable moveset representing the character flawlessly, give a detailed description of the decisions behind his special moves, and be able to come up with a feasable final smash, not to powerful, not to weak, and representing the character, he is suitable. He has every right to be in SSF2, and I'm not just saying that. If characters like Blade and Blue, characters that are completly custom, then 1-Up has that right too. He's also one of the most recognizable symbols of the Super Mario Brothers series, to the point of being the icon in the Super Smash Brothers series.

Ness2

Smash Coins 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ElementalCrisis on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:11 pm

good...
this forums well are kind of boring... people dont make response No Sad Crying or Very sad

ElementalCrisis

Number of posts : 9
Smash Coins 0

Registration date : 2008-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ness2 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:22 pm

Yeah... but it helps you focus on expansions and such, I guess.

So, anyways, for anyone who's even on here, his Side B is a broken link. I'm getting to that, don't worry. I'm working on Coin Heaven right now.

Ness2

Smash Coins 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down