SSF2 Designer's League Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey guys! This is a hello, and a question.

Go down

Hey guys! This is a hello, and a question. Empty Hey guys! This is a hello, and a question.

Post  NichoMania2 Sat May 25, 2013 8:34 pm

Hello, I'm new to this style of expansion forums but it does seem promising. I don't know if I'll donate much sprite wise, but I do enjoy asking questions, and creating moves and such.

There's been one question boggling my mind, that I sadly haven't come up with a definitive answer for yet.
Why do we have a limit to who can do which character? I'm serious about this, on the last forum ANYONE can claim ANYONE, no matter if they were capable of following through with it or not. A less talented sprite artist, or a new one, can simply walk in and claim a character, and everyone would only be able to wait forever for the first sprite to come. And if a good sprite artist arrives and starts making a better, faster updated, and overall improved version of the latter, they were forced into having to be in a group expansion with the lazy/inexperienced first one. And the team interaction behind the forum could be worse, involving either a tyrannical partner, or a lazy one. There needs to be a change in this system we used in claiming characters. It's easily abused, and sloppily and unfairly dealt with. So, what ideas do we have? I thought maybe we could vote on which versions to continue, or not; maybe we could have an amount of days a person can have someone claimed. Anything other than the system now could be an improvement. And I know some of us may think this is the internet, there's problems in most forums like this. But that's just it, this is the internet! If we had this decades ago, wars could have been stopped. This interconnected system keeps misunderstandings at bay, more than the times it creates them. Show more faith in our ability to group together, and overcome. This is what we're best at, and hopefully, the comments below will help prove that point.

- anyway, glad you read my long droll, I hope to help more of the forum in as many ways as I can.

Last edited by NichoMania2 on Sat May 25, 2013 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better sentence structure.)
NichoMania2
NichoMania2

Number of posts : 1
Smash Coins 1

Registration date : 2013-05-25

Back to top Go down